Padas River is situated in the interior southern part of Kota Kinabalu that is only accessible by train (used since the late 19th century in Borneo). Basically this trip will give rafter 2 experiences advantages, Excursions of Class 4 River and a ride in an antique train in this new millennium.
The adrenaline rush excursions covers a distance of this rather muddy 200 km river that holds 7 exciting and tough rapids.
The journey will first take 2 hours overland through the countryside to Beaufort town from there the adventure begins with 1½ hours train rides tracks along the Padas River that gives glimpses of the thrills and excitements to come. Upon arriving at the starting point, participants will be given safety briefing before going down the river.
After rafting, enjoy a sumptuous delicious BBQ lunch by the river and wind down with a sunset view of the return journey to Kota Kinabalu. [/color-box]
- Return transfer in air-condition 12-seater coach and train ride
- Light refreshment and buffet lunch
- Safety equipments and professional raft guide
Things to Bring and Wear
- Extra clothing
- Flip flop or comfortable shoes
- Straps for spectacles or goggles for contact lens
- Towel, Sun block & Personal toiletries
- Children aged 12 years old and below not recommended to participate Padas activity.
- Each participant is required to sign an indemnity form. [/color-box]