In Search of Proboscis and Fireflies
The River Cruise to observe and search the “Big Nose” Proboscis Monkey and nick name for “David Beckham” Silver Langur Monkeys, Long Tailed Macaque, Kingfishers, Hornbills, Monitor Lizard, Crocodiles, also to watch the Water Buffaloes crossing the river as well as to witness the sunset on your way back to river cruise jetty!
- 2.30 pm – Depart hotel for Kota Klias, located approximately 112 km from Kota Kinabalu. The journey will pass small towns, paddy fields, and villages.
- 4.30 pm – Upon arrival at the jetty, coffee tea and local tasty cakes will be served.
- 4.45 pm – On board for river cruise boat to search for the odds nosed proboscis monkeys. On this river cruise an opportunity to learn the traditional method of catching fish and prawns.
- 8.00 pm – When darkness sets in, on the return journey to the jetty, enjoy the view of sunset in the boat and witness nature’s display of christmas light The Fireflies.
- 7.00 pm – Arrive at jetty for a hearty buffet dinner overlooking the Klias River.
- 7.30 pm – After dinner, depart for Kota Kinabalu.
- 9.30 pm – Arrive hotel.
End of Tour
- Return transfer in air-condition 12-seater coach
- Buffet Hi Tea served local food
- Buffet Malaysian Dinner at jetty
- 2 ways boat transfers
Things You Should Bring and Wear
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Suitable trekking shoes
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Sun block