Guaranteed Mt Kinabalu Permit 2018 /2019
You have what it takes to conquer our Mount Kinabalu at 4,095 m?. Re opens 1st December 2015 with a new route called ‘Ranau Trail’ to the summit, our Mount Kinabalu ranked 20th in the world among the tallest Mountains.
The Mount Kinabalu dominates the landscape and legends of the Kadazandusun people. The elegant majestic mountain offer climbers hiking along the mountain trails and surrounded with abundant flora and fauna. No climbing experience is required to conquer the peak of Mount Kinabalu, Sabah, Borneo.
Day 1 – ( Packed Lunch and Dinner)
- 7.30 am – Early transfer from city to Kinabalu Park. Journey will take approximately an hour 30minutes to reach Kinabalu Park.
- 9.00 am – Upon arrival and registration for climbing permit while enjoying the cool breeze at the National Park.
- 9.15 am – After registration, meet with your appointed mountain guide & transfer to Timpohon Gate starting point of climbing.
- 9.30 am – Start climbing and reach at Mountain hut by late afternoon.
- 4.30 pm to 8.00 pm – The restaurant at Laban Resthouse open for dinner. (The restaurant will close after 8.00 pm)
- 8.00 pm – Lights out and get some rest for the next day of climbing.
- Estimate for fit climber takes 3 – 4 hours to reach laban rata.
- Estimate none fit climber takes 5 – 8 hours to reach laban rata.
Day 2 – ( Breakfast )
- 1.30 am – Wake up to continue journey and make sure you bring along all the thing required for the climb especially headlamp, drinking water and warm jacket.
- 1.50 am – Go to Laban Rata restaurant to have your supper breakfast and not recommended heavy meal.
- 2.30 am – Start climbing to the summit which is 8 km away from the Laban Rata. Journey will take 2.5 – 3 hours to reach summit. (depends fitness)
- 5.30 am – Reach summit at 4,095 meters and experience the breathtaking view of the sunrise and beautiful view of the mountain.
- 6.30 am – Descend back to Laban Rata for breakfast before trekking down to Kinabalu Park.
- 10.00 am – Packed up your gears and bag, have breakfast, start descend down to Timpohon gate.
- 2.00 pm to 2.30 pm – Reach Kinabalu Park. Collect certificate and lunch at Balsam Cafe.
- 3.30 pm – Depart from kinabalu park.
- 5.00 pm – Reach Kota Kinabalu & transfer to your hotel.
- Read more about Mount Kinabalu Tips
- Return transfer in air-condition 12-seater coach
- 1 night accommodation at Mountain Hut
- Climbing Permit
- Sabah Park Entrance Fees
- Fullboard meals (1 Packed Lunch, 1 Dinner, 1 Supper, 1 Breakfast & 1 Lunch)
- Certified Mountain Guide (Malim Gunung)
- Certificate achievement
Things to Wear and Bring:
- Warm jacket, windbreaker and glove
- Pain killer, Altitude sickness pill (recommended)
- Trekking stick, Raincoat or Poncho
- Light weight waterproof trekking shoes
- Extra socks, Blister bandage, dry fit shirts
- Personal toiletries, Headlamp, Energy Bar (Chocolate)
- Small drinking bottle (water can refill at gazebo hut)
- Light backpack, Few plastic bag to protect smartphone, wallet in case raining
Important Information !
- Applicable RM 10.00 per person for Tourism Room Tax (pay upon check in)
- We do not recommend climbers to rush to the airport on the same day of descent from Mount Kinabalu due to health reason, possible high chance that you might miss your flight due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb activity.
- Mount Kinabalu Climb activities can be dangerous if you are careless. Climbers must always abide mountain rules and be careful in every step you take.
- Not recommended for those who have history of suffering from Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart Disease, Severe Anemia, Peptic Ulcers, Epileptic Fits, Obesity, Chronic Asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climb
- Rental available at Laban Rata for Gloves and Warm Jackets (RM 20.00 and above)
- Each participant is required to sign an indemnity form before the tour commences.
- Price mountain package subject to Nationality and change due to peak season
- Wet season period occurs from October to February and dry season from March to September, nowadays with the global warming, weather is hard to predict.. ‘Have a positive attitude and enjoy the climbing Mount Kinabalu experience’
- Porters are available to help your bags delivered from Timpohon Gate (starting point) to Laban Rata which cost RM 6.00 per 1 kg
- Click here for Mount Kinabalu Map (Route)
- Click View 3D Google Map Mount Kinabalu